According to 5.11 Tactical their 5.11 TacTec Chest Rig will give you the ability to carry a maximum of six mags on the inside with the help of bungee retention or a nylon cover.There is also the option to convert the two compartments on the exterior to carry water bottles. What else does the manufacturer have to say about the chest rig?
- Interior web plaftorm
- Included bungee hardware
- H-frame and X-back capable
- quick reference guide pocket on the side
But how about a real life review from a real user of the product? First you should know that this product was made with a collaboration with Viking Tactics. They are manufactures of top of the line tactical gear and so you know right away that this Chest Rig is absolute high quality and provides value for money. Now on to the review.
Pros of the 5.11 TacTec Chest Rig
- The 5.11 TacTec Chest Rig stood up to having 12 Magpul P-Mag Gen II 30 round magazines in its internal compartments and the elastic webbing ensured they were held in place.
- If you don’t have that much ammo with you, the chest rig can be easily sized down and then up again when you need this done.
- It has a lot of Pals webbing so you can add as much extra gear as you need and if you set it up with only mag pouches you can have it carry 24 mags with ease.
- The shoulders straps do a great job of distributing the weight and it stays snug and secure to your chest. The shoulder straps do not get in the way of shouldering the stock of your weapon and they do not snag either.
- It is very lightweight and breathable thanks to the mesh on the back and added foam provides additional comfort.
- It features Velcro on both front and back so you can attach your nameplates, patches or IFF flags.
- Can hold up to 50 lbs of gear and equipment when weighed but with the shoulder straps it won’t feel like that much, neither will you feel any pain.
- You will be able to move in a variety of shooting positions with ease while wearing the chest rig including sliding, running and slamming.
- Transitioning with sling to side arm is no problem with no snagging or obstruction.
- Reloading from the internal pockets is done a lot faster than when using a closed rifle magazine pouch and so your weapon can stay in fight considerably longer.
Cons of the 5.11 TacTec Chest Rig
- One reviewer thought it was a bit pricey
Reviewers have given the 5.11 TacTec Chest Rig an average rating of four out of five star rating with the product losing stars where price was concerned. The truth is that the value that the product offers in functionality truly makes it worth the price and we here at Range Master are proud to carry such an item in our product listings. Check out other products offered by 5.11 Tactical here.