The 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack is a midsize pack aimed for medium load carry or day trips. It features an integrated sternum strap along with padded shoulder straps for comfort when carrying heavier loads. There is no waist strap for those who like those.
There are three compartments in the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 backpack;
- The large main compartment – This compartment features a number of organization features inside. To the back of this main compartment is a retention pocket which can retain items so you know exactly where to find them without having to fumble around in the large main compartment. There are also two mesh pockets that are ideal for storing smaller items such as keys, a lighter etc so there is once again no need to fumble around the main compartment looking for them.
- An outer pocket with a number of sub dividers inside - This compartment features a small compartment on the outside that gives you a space for smaller items that are considered everyday carry items. With internal sub-dividers all these items can be organized for ease of access when needed.
- A Hydration pocket – this hydration pocket is compatible with the camel back hydration bladders.
The 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 pack also has a number of MOLLE attachment points as you would expect from any tactical bag which means you can customize and expand the storage of the pack a you find necessary.
Pros of the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack
- The top carrying handle makes the bag easy to grab and go for example grabbing it from the backseat of the car while sitting on the front seat. Or grabbing it as you go through the door.
- The bag has a massive amount of organization inside which is perfect for day trips when you want to find things quickly so you are not slowed down fumbling around in a backpack.
- The bag is very sturdy perfect for unplanned trips and roughness.
- The sternum strap is just great for carrying heavier loads while still keeping your comfortable enough to not notice the weight of the pack.
Cons of the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack
- The hydration pocket is compatible with a particular type of hydration bladder which is not used by the average Joe so unless you live in the Gobi or Sahara deserts you will have to find some other way to carry your water in this pack.
- A bit too much MOLLE for those using this as a day pack.
Overall reviewers found the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack is perfect for day trips. It is the perfect size, not too small and not too large and is very comfortable to carry even when full. As such Range Master is proud to carry this backpack as well as others in the line of 5.11 Backpacks suitable for EDC and Day Trips as well as Tactical use.