In order to do their duties the policemen and women all our across our nation need the right gear. The right gear helps them to be better able to do their jobs effectively and also protects them from the hazards that come with the job. They use a lot of different types of gear in their day to day activities and some police even have gear that is specifically used by a particular department. For example traffic cops alone will use radar guns while you will find all types of cops walking around with hand cuffs. Cops that cover criminal activities as well as riot control may use gear such as Tasers, guns and pepper spray.
When police officers are faced with certain situations they can only depend on their gear. As mentioned above, different situations call for different types of gear. Here is a breakdown of the situations and the type of gear that are most suitable for those.
- Riots – there is special equipment that is need for a case of a riot. In such an instant a police will not necessarily need weapons that may be lethal but instead will benefit greatly from things that allow them to defend themselves appropriately. In this scenario the gear police use can range from batons to special guns that utilize plastic or rubber bullets. There are also whips and tear gas, riot helmets, gas masks, neck protectors etc.
- Crime Scene Investigators use drug and finger print testing kits, wear latex gloves and utilize plastic bags of varying sizes for tagging any evidence found on the scene.
- For Chases police need good boots that are durable, lightweight and comfortable so that they will last. One high quality choice here at Range Master is 5.11 Tactical ATAC Storm 8″ Waterproof side Zip.
- Very often police also carry medical gear when on duty due to the risk of injury etc. For such purposes they may use a gear bay that is filled with the necessary medical aids that can serve as their first line of response when an officer becomes injured on the line of duty.
- Gear that are customary for all police include the gun holster, hand cuffs and their crisp and professional uniforms though many people don’t consider the police’s uniform as gear.
- Other gear include whistles, flashlights and two way radios with which they communicate with other cops as well as with their dispatch department.
Police gear is without a doubt important and necessary and that is why they are constantly being remodeled and reconstructed to ensure that they help a cops to do their jobs effectively. Come check out the wide array of gear that we have at Range Master Tactical Gear.